Welcome to the Arnprior & District Humane Society’s Volunteer Program! Volunteering is a great way to support the ADHS and help the many cats & dogs that come through the shelter’s doors.
For individuals 16 and older, there are many different opportunities to help the shelter. Opportunities include:
- Shelter duties – assisting the staff with the daily care of the animals and cleaning around the shelter.
- Events – Helping out at events and fundraisers such as the Walk-a-Thon, Bakes Sales, Yard Sales, expos and fairs.
- Yard Work and Gardening – We could use your help with maintaining our yard and mowing the lawn.
- Foster – Fostering provides temporary care for special needs pets and pets that are not quite ready to find their forever homes. Animals that require foster care include caged cats that prefer to be only pets, pets requiring medication, pregnant pets, and kittens or puppies. If interested in fostering a pet, fill out our foster application on the Foster page
- Building Repairs and Maintenance – If you have carpentry, plumbing or other maintenance skills we could use your assistance with minor repairs and maintenance at the shelter for things like building shelves, repairing dog runs, cat cages, plumbing repairs, etc.
If you are interested in filling out our volunteer application forms please download the PDF copy and drop it off in person at the shelter.